Head to the VEG 101 page for some basic information about Dried versus Canned Beans!
In my experiences dining out with various friends over the years, I've discovered that there are very few people who dislike potatoes. I mean c'mon, how can you? Every time I post a potato recipe I remind you all how in love with them I am!
That is why this appetizer is perhaps the safest and tastiest app you can serve to your guests. Unless you regularly cook for your friends and family, there are always the unknowns when thinking up dishes to serve. Who likes what? Who's allergic to this? Who doesn't like spicy? And so on. This dish solves all of those issues.
Potatoes, cheddar cheese, and fresh scallions. It's that simple! A little seasoning and roasting and you've got a delicious, simple appetizer to whip up!
The perfect way to serve these is on a serving plate with various condiments surrounding the potato bites. Hot Sauce and Fresh Salsa are my favourites but the options are endless! This way your guests can get as wild or tame with their bites as they desire.
Head to the RECIPES tab for this super simple App idea!
Check out one of my favourite HOT SAUCES
I've got some really great, simple dishes for you all this week!
1. My first appetizer idea is such a simple and delicious idea. There's always a cloudy area when preparing appetizers for guests because you never know what people like / dislike, what their spice tolerance levels are, allergies etc so this appetizer is pretty safe. Oven roasted potatoes, melty cheddar cheese, and fresh, sliced green onions are all the ingredients you need for these OVEN BAKED POTATO BITES
2. I've got the slow cooker out again and this time we're having soup! My VEGGIE TOMATO SOUP is so flavourful and again, super easy. A delicious tomatoey broth and loads of fresh vegetables, this soup`s a winner!
3. My final addition for the week is actually another excuse to eat a great tomato sauce! Cooked tomatoes are extremely good for you and provide a cancer fighting compound called Lycopene so any excuse to eat more of them is a good one! All you need is a good crusty bread and a simple sauce and you've got a fun appetizer. My TOMATO SAUCE DIPPIN' appetizer will also be available this week!
Head to the RECIPES tab for more!
My first post I shared yesterday and just want to make sure you've all seen it. Under the ANIMAL WINS tab I shared a story about Ringling Brothers and the early retirement of their Elephants! I've also thrown my two sense in and would love to hear your thoughts!
Post two is my Bean and Leek Soup recipe under the RECIPES tab. This soup is so rich and delicious and takes very little time to prepare. The leeks add a subtle sweetness to the dish and the herbs really give a savouriness to the broth, it's really just an all around tasty dish. Give it a try!
Brussel Sprouts are very healthy and taste great roasted. I decided to go with Rosemary and Sage but you can really play around with the flavour combinations here to come up with your own flavour combo for the sprouts!
If you are roasting with garlic or onion, make sure to keep the dish hydrated with stock otherwise all the little bits of herbs and garlic / onion will likely burn leaving a bitter flavour to your sprouts.
1. Brussel Sprouts. Is there anything better than a perfectly cooked Brussel Sprout? How about beautifully roasted, Rosemary and Sage Brussel Sprouts? They're so savoury and delicious it would be wise to make a lot! Everyone is going to love these!
2. Bean and Leek Soup is also on the menu this week. Cannelini and Romano Beans combine beautifully in a perfectly seasoned broth with fresh leeks.
3. Quick Red / Green Salsa. I love salsa, it's not only nutritious but it is so delicious. You can literally put fresh salsa on so many dishes to give add a bit of a zingy freshness. I love fresh salsa on hot, fresh out of the oven Baguettes. I love dipping my onion rings in fresh salsa. I love fresh salsa on tacos and burritos. You will love this recipe and trust me when I tell you to smother EVERYTHING in it!
I've got a new post under the ANIMAL WINS section and PERSONAL BLOG updates as well. Make sure to leave your comments when visiting the ANIMAL WINS page!
:) :) :) :)
I am so enthused to have a slow cooker again and just in time for Winter no less! I love the slow cooker, you can toss all sorts of things into it and forget about it for several hours and end up with a delicious meal. I will be exploring all sorts of ideas with the slow cooker this Winter and I'll be sharing them all with you!
This is a very traditional stew in its ingredients and flavours. Fresh mushrooms, carrots, and potatoes all cooked to tender perfection and swimming in a rich broth flavoured with notes of fresh sage and rosemary. Trust me when I say that you'll want to make a double batch and enjoy it for a few days!
Head over to the RECIPES TAB
Jonathan - Happy Veg
Dedicated Foodie. Proud Vegetarian. Recipe Creator. Friend to all Animals.